Monday, August 20, 2007

Salvage Online



As I begin to sell my own salvaged items from the house, I spoke to my salvager and we decided it would be smart to start a site to put architectural items online where people can browse at their leisure.

All the salvage warehouses are getting quite full with the high number of demolitions. I have begun with my own items from my salvage of my house. The hand salvage cost about 14K. This is not going to help me recoup those costs but could help find good homes for the items saved. I hope to add more content from various non-profit salvage programs in order to provide people a place to browse some of the best items online.

Hopping from salvage yard to salvage yard is very time consuming. With so much available, an online way to view them might be helpful in getting these specialty items back into commerce. My idea is that is be a clearinghouse for online architectural salvage. At least a cross-section of what is available.
http://neworleansarchitecturalsalvage.wordpress.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Would be honored to interview you on my radio show tonight at 7pm PT..

Please let me know..I am the guy who started the effort to Save the Jericho tv series..so maybe I can direct some attention back to NO where it belongs